- Federal Firearms License Transfer
Federal law requires that all purchases/transfers of firearms must be handled through a Federal Firearms License holder / dealer. Our procedures for a purchase or transfer are as follows:
- Buyers may secure an item for purchase via a deposit which will be applied to the cost of the item.
- Payment in full is required prior to shipment.
- The Buyer is required to make arrangements with their local FFL dealer in the Buyer’s state of residence.
- The designated FFL dealer is required to provide New London Arms with a valid copy of their FFL via FAX or email along with the Buyer’s name.
- NLA will ship the firearm to the FFL dealer. The Buyer is required to complete the Federal Form 4473 at their designated FFL dealer who then completes the required NICS background check.
- Fees charged by the designated FFL dealer for the transfer are the responsibility of the Buyer
- Return & Exchange Policy
Returns or Exchanges must be arranged within 3 business days of receipt and must be unopened and in original packaging to receive return credit. Custom ordered items may not be returned. A 20% restocking fee is applied on returns and exchanges that are not defective. Defective items are not warranted by New London Arms Company and accordingly, defective merchandise is subject to the manufacturer warranty and any claims must be directed to them. NLA may assist with a Buyers claim to the extent possible. Used firearms are subject to a 3 day non-firing inspection period. Shipping and handling charges are non-refundable.
All returns require a RMA number. Please call 704.981.2166 or email New London Arms at email@example.com prior to returning any items. Items without a valid RMA number cannot be accepted. Returns should be shipped to:
New London Arms Company
Attn. Returns RMA #______
1000 W. Morehead St.
Charlotte, NC 28208
- Terms & Conditions
There are absolutely NO RETURNS on loaded ammunition, powder, or primers. This is due to liability and insurance issues beyond our control. Please make sure you are buying exactly what you need. If you have any questions at all, check with one of our trained staff.
Effective with all firearms sales after February 7th, 2005 federal and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (BATFE) rules and regulations for the control and monitoring of firearms and transactions are extensive. Effective with all firearms sold after January 10th, 2005, we will charge a $15.00 fee on all firearms returned. This is to cover our cost for re-processing and re-logging under these new BATF regulations. Only UNFIRED, new in the box firearms may be returned. All manuals, warranty cards, locks, chokes etc. must be in the box with the firearm. All other return policies apply to returned firearms.
We follow all Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (BATFE) rules and regulations for the sale and transfer of firearms. The purchaser of the firearm(s) must be present to fill out all paperwork. If the purchaser does not reside within a reasonable driving distance of our location we will transfer the firearm(s) to a valid Federal Firearms License (FFL) holder closer to their residence per BATFE regulations. Firearm(s), shipping costs, and transfer fees must be paid in full before the transfer takes place. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to notify us of whom the receiving FFL holder is, both this shop and the receiving FFL holder involved must be notified, and FFL’s must be exchanged before the firearm(s) is transferred. The purchaser is responsible for any fees the receiving FFL holder requests and the BATFE form 4473 must be filled out when the firearm(s) is picked up at the receiving FFL holder. When transferring a firearm the receiving FFL holder is required to follow the regulations for the state the purchaser resides in. If we are aware that your state does not allow the sale of the gun you want, we WILL NOT ship it to you.
It is the purchaser’s responsibility to know the regulations of the state, county, and city they reside in. We are not currently shipping firearms to the state of California.
All firearms sales conducted through our website are final. If there is any problem with a firearm transferred to us from another FFL holder reparations are the responsibilities of the original FFL holder not this shop.
Conversely when we do accept transfers from other FFL holders, all the above regulations apply.
- Shipping & Handling
Shipping and Handling charges are at a fixed rate on all shipments. The charge is $45 for shotguns and rifles ($35 for handguns). Insurance may be added at 1.75% of the total purchase price. We do not ship to California, Massachusetts, Maryland or New York State. New London Arms retains the right to restrict shipments to other locations. The shipment of firearms is handled primarily by UPS or FedEx ground. Expedited shipping may be arranged at the Buyers request for additional cost.
All firearms, magazines, receivers and restricted law enforcement items are sold and shipped in accordance with all existing Federal, State and Local laws and regulations. These items may also be restricted or prohibited in your (the Buyers) area. Buyers should know or check their local and state regulations before purchasing to ensure the item(s) is legal in their area.
- Are the goods sold by New London Arms subject to any restrictions?
- Yes. Some goods which we offer for purchase may be restricted by Federal, State or Local laws. We are authorized to sell all of the goods offered but that does not and we cannot grant the right or authority to purchase items which may be regulated pursuant to such laws. Additionally, age restrictions prohibit the purchase of certain items and other items may only be shipped to licensed FFL holders. Check your local laws for any other regulations which may apply.
- Competitor Price Matching
New London Arms will consider price matching requests in the event you find a lower price from an authorized dealer of products we carry. Please submit your request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; including a link to the competing web site or the print ad from a current magazine.
We will verify the product, price and promptly contact you. We can only match legitimate dealer’s advertised pricing on current products (accordingly we can not match closeout, blemished, auctions, etc). We reserve the right to match prices at our discretion and may not be able to match every price.
- What if I want to change my order?
- Once you submit your order and it has been processed and shipped we are unable to change or cancel your order. Please verify your item(s) before placing the order. Changes or cancellations after shipment are subject to our return policy (see our Return Policy).
- What form of payment do you accept and do you accept credit cards?
- We accept certified bank checks and credit cards. We accept most major credit cards (e.g. American Express, Visa and MasterCard). We are a member of Payment Alliance International and utilize the Eprocessing Network for our credit card processing.
- How much does an appraisal cost?
- Appraisal costs vary depending upon the nature and size of the collection. Fees are generally based on a minimum fee of $50 plus a cost per firearm. Due to the amount of time involved, rare or unusual firearms may incur additional costs which are discussed in advance of performing the research.
- Do you ship internationally?
- Yes, however firearms and ammo are only shipped to the 48 contiguous states and Alaska. Certain restrictions apply so it is necessary to check local laws. Additionally, we do not ship firearms to the states of California, New York and Massachusetts. We reserve the right not to ship to certain locations.
- How do you handle out of stock items and backorders?
We strive to maintain items in our online catalog available all of the time. We do run out of items on occaision however. If an item ordered is out of stock, we notify you within one business day of your order. Items are considered out of stock if we are unable to ship within three days. It is your choice to either cancel the order before processing is completed (in which case you are not charged), or you may choose to backorder the item.
To place a backorder simply email us at email@example.com. Backorders are charged up front and shipped immediately upon receipt. You may cancel the backorder at any time however you will be charged a $5 backorder cancellation fee. We do not always have a reliable estimate of delivery time on backorders due manufacturer or supplier backlog or delays.
We may have other alternative ore equivalent products available that are not listed on the website which we can obtain from a different supplier. Please call or email us and we will attempt to fulfill your order.
- Website Information
This website, and its contents are the sole property of The New London Arms Company. Any unauthorized use or modification of any text, image, code, or content is strictly prohibited. Any use of content from Newlondonarmsusa.com requires prior written consent from The New London Arms Company.
New London Arms Company will enforce its intellectual property rights to the full extent of the law.
The New London Arms Company is not responsible for any typographical errors, pricing errors, omissions, inclusions or any other errors on our web site. If you are aware of any error or mistake please let us know. We reserve the right to change our website at any time without notice.